The Financial Aid Office for traditional students is located on the first floor of the Academic Center in the Student Services Office.
Financial Aid Office
Open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Financial Aid Office Contacts
, Director of Financial Aid
, Associate Director of Traditional Financial Aid and VA Certifying Official
, Financial Aid Assistant
, Student Services Coordinator
Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is a four-step process for most students. Once you complete the applications below, the Financial Aid Office will have the necessary information to begin the financial aid awarding process.
- Apply for a personal identification number (PIN) for the student and the parent/guardian.
- Gather the necessary documents to complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA, then sign it electronically with the student and parent/guardian PINs.
- Submit the FAFSA for processing.
- Create a username and password.
- Click on "Apply for Aid."
- Click on "Grants and Scholarships."
- Complete the application for the GTEG/HOPE for private colleges.
Step 3: Verification
Dependent Student Verification Worksheet 2012-13
Independent Student Verification Worksheet 2012-13
What is Verification?
Verification is a process that the federal processing center uses to make sure that the information applicants reported is accurate. This prevents ineligible students from receiving aid by reporting false information and ensures eligible students receive all of the aid for which they qualify. Each year, the federal processing center selects a group of applications for verification. Some of these applications are selected because information reported on the FAFSA is inconsistent with information elsewhere on the application and others are chosen at random.
In either case, a student whose application is selected for verification must submit certain documentation to his or her financial aid office to show that his or her application information is correct. The sooner you submit the requested documents to us, the sooner you'll be able to receive financial aid.
What will I need to do to complete the verification process?
A student selected for verification must submit the following items to the Financial Aid Office:
- A signed copy of parents'/guardians' 2011 federal tax transcript (dependent students only);
- A signed copy of the student's 2011 federal tax transcript (only if the student filed taxes); and
- A completed 2012-13 Verification Worksheet (dependent or independent worksheet; see links at the top of this page).
An IRS tax transcript will not be available until 3 weeks after filing electronically or 6 weeks if filing on paper. You can request a copy of your IRS tax transcript using one of the options below:
or fax (706-645-9475) the tax information and Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office.
Step 4: Sign Award Letter
Once you have received your award letter, sign it and return to the Financial Aid Office.
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office