Access Program: Adult & Professional Studies
Keeping up with the demands of career, family and other commitments doesn't leave much time for working adults to finish their degrees. That's why Point University offers the Access program for busy adults. You may think of your degree as "unfinished business" -- let us help you finish your degree and begin to reach your full potential!
Why choose the Access program?
- Finish your degree in as little as 18-24 months, attending evening classes one night a week at our locations in West Point, East Point, Peachtree City, or Savannah.
- Access offers both associate and bachelor's degrees in a variety of academic disciplines, including Christian ministries, human relations or organizational leadership.
- You may be granted credit for prior learning -- including on-the-job training, military service and other life experiences -- in addition to your previous college work.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify -- Access programs qualify for state and federal financial aid programs, and may also qualify for employer reimbursement and corporate tuition plans.
- Point University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate and baccalaureate degrees.*
- The Access program faculty and staff will provide you with the personal attention and one-on-one advisement you need to feel confident in your educational goals.
Contact us for more information!
The goal of Point’s Access program is to provide quality courses that integrate faith and learning in a nontraditional format for the adult student. We understand the unique challenges faced by adults who want to pursue their degrees. We strive to serve our students and look to assist them as they seek a Christ-centered education.
Our program has been developed to serve the adult student. We recognize that adults have many roles and responsibilities in their busy days, and that their time is limited. We have designed our programs to meet those needs; classes meet one night each week, and progress at an accelerated pace.
The Access program at Point is designed for the working adult, providing a rigorous, sequenced curriculum that fosters a lifelong love of learning; shared experiences; and a deep sense of commitment to the betterment of society, beginning with the betterment of the learner's understanding of the world. Programs are structured to enable students to complete undergraduate degrees while maintaining full-time employment and meeting the demands of everyday life.
The Access program is specifically designed to be flexible in order to meet the needs of adults in the marketplace. Within each program, both theoretical knowledge and practical skills are used to provide the learner with the tools necessary to be successful in the global marketplace.
As an Access student, you will join a small cohort of adult students who will track through their degree program together. Each cohort follows a sequential schedule. Each course is taught one night a week from 6 to 10 p.m. and lasts five weeks. Cohorts take one course at a time, meeting on the same night and at the same time and place every week. Having classes on the same night every week gives you the convenience to plan events based on a regular schedule. The small class format provides peer support, as well as faculty who are focused on student learning.
If you desire to attend a college where you can complete your associate or bachelor's degree quickly while receiving individual attention from faculty and staff, Point University is the place for you. New cohorts are forming every other month, so you can get started right now!
Remember, we care about your academic progress and your personal success. We aspire to give every student the support he or she needs -- from your first contact to the day you receive your diploma!
* Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Point.
Thursday, May 09, 2013Notice: Call for NCATE Comments The Education Department of Point University is hosting an accreditation visit by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) in November 2013.
Monday, May 27, 2013Memorial Day (No Classes / Administrative Offices Closed)
Tuesday, May 28, 2013Info Session - West Point, Ga. (Access Program)
Join us for an info session about our Access Adult and Professional Studies Program. We will be meeting at our West Point location (directions
). Please R.S.V.P. online
or with the Enrollment Office at 404-460-2478.
Thursday, June 13, 2013Savannah Information Session
Monday, June 17, 2013Peachtree City Information Session
Thursday, June 20, 2013West Point Information Session
Saturday, June 22, 2013Link | June 22, 2013 (Traditional Students)
Join us for Link, a registration event for incoming traditional students! Click here
Tuesday, June 25, 2013East Point Information Session
Monday, July 08, 2013Savannah Information Session
Saturday, July 13, 2013Link | July 13, 2013 (Traditional Students)
in us for Link, a registration event for incoming traditional students! Click here