Point uses the e2Campus©
text-messaging system to alert students, faculty and staff of emergency situations on campus. The system is opt-in only
, meaning that users must register in order to receive the text message alerts.
Alerts will be sent only if:
- Classes are delayed cancelled due to inclement weather or another urgent situation;
- A tornado warning or other urgent weather alert is issued by the weather service; or
- Any other situation occurs on campus that requires students, faculty and staff to immediately take shelter.
Other than an occasional test of the system, alerts will only be sent in the above situations. Alerts will not be sent for campus announcements or other routine information. Anyone encountering an emergency situation taking place on campus should call campus security at 706-457-2832 (or 678-410-1955 for our East Point, off-site location).
How to Register
- Go to http://web.point.edu/alerts. You’ll be prompted to enter your campus email username and password in order to access the form. If you are using Internet Explorer, you will need to enter the username in the format of email@example.com in order to access the registration form.
- Enter your name and create an e2Campus username and password.
- In the Optional Groups field, select which student groups (Access or Traditional) and University locations for which you would like to receive alerts.
- You will also be required to choose an Opt-Out Date. If you are a student, choose the date closest to your graduation date; if you are a faculty or staff member, choose the latest date on the list.
- Enter your mobile phone number and select the carrier (e.g., AT&T or Verizon).
- Check that you agree to the terms of service, and then click on the Create Account button. Note that you do not need to select the “sign up using email only” option – emergency alerts will also be sent to students, faculty and staff via e-mail.
Recent Campus Alerts
If any campus alerts have been sent within the last 60 days, they will appear below.