Point University (Point) has participated with Microsoft Corporation through the Microsoft Campus Agreement (MSCA). The MSCA provides students, faculty, and staff access to Microsoft Office. Through the MSCA contract, every Point student, faculty member and staff member will have access to the latest versions of Office for use both on campus and at home. Microsoft Office 2010 for PC and Microsoft Office 2011 for Macintosh platform are available.
Cost and Eligibility
The licensing (right-to-use) for Microsoft Office covered under this agreement is available at no additional cost to users who are eligible. License fees do not include installation media. If a student wishes to extend his or her use from campus to home, he or she must purchase the installation media separately.
Conditions of Usage
In order to participate in this program, you must agree to the terms of the contract which say, in part:
- I am a student enrolled in at least one class;
- I will not give, loan, sell, transfer, rent, or lease this software to anyone;
- I understand I may purchase only one copy per product per version;
- If, for any reason, Point University does not renew the Microsoft Campus Agreement, I agree to un-install all copies of installed software;
- I understand that my use of this software is subject to the terms of the agreement between Microsoft and Point, including, but not limited to, the limitations on liability, disclaimer of warranties, and exclusion of remedies. If I fail to comply with these terms, I understand that I may be held responsible according to the terms of the agreement as well as applicable laws and regulations.
Students are permitted to install Microsoft Office on one desktop computer and one portable computer for exclusive use for the duration of the agreement.
Faculty, staff and student users DO NOT
own the license or the CDs; rather, they are authorized to use the licensed software and media pursuant to the terms and conditions of the license(s) granted to Point University for the term of the institution's agreement.
These terms are not the full license agreement as provided by Microsoft, nor do they fully define your rights and limitations. For complete information on the current license rights, you can view relevant section(s) at the following web address location: http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/ProductsByMajorVersionList.aspx?ws=5e6dafb5-284d-e211-ad71-f04da23e67f6&vsro=8&JSEnabled=1.
When students graduate, they become permanently licensed for products covered at the time of graduation. If a student leaves Point without graduating, he or she must remove all products obtained under the MSCA.