Imagine for a moment that you’re standing on the shore of the Sea of Galilee...
The breeze blows through your hair, the water laps at your feet, and you realize… you’re actually standing where Jesus stood. Suddenly, the words of Scripture begin to take on a whole new meaning.
A bi-annual trip to Israel is one of the the many study abroad
opportunities Point University offers. The journey allows University students, faculty and staff to come face to face with the actual locations of some of the most vivid stories in the Bible.
What to expect on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land:
- experience firsthand the rich history of the Judeo-Christian faith;
- take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and stand on the shores of the Dead Sea;
- get baptized in the Jordan River;
- spend a day in the city of Jerusalem, visiting the Southern Steps, the Western Wall, the Old City, the Upper Room and more;
- visit Mt. Carmel, Capernaum, Nazareth, Caesarea Philippi and the Mount of Olives; and
- earn course credit and grow spiritually at the same time!
INTERESTED IN GOING TO ISRAEL?
UPCOMING ISRAEL PILGRIMAGE TRIPS
February 28 - March 11, 2013
Past participants in trips to the Holy Land had this to say about their experiences:
Too often, we take the Bible for granted. You can never do that once you have walked the Bible rather than just read it. - Emma Morris, Vice President of Advancement
- I wish most American Christians could experience the connection there is between the Jewish religion and our Judeo-Christian beliefs. I can honestly say that when we entered into Jerusalem I had an overwhelming feeling like I was returning home. - Octavia Zackery '12
- Old Testament or New Testament, you learn so much through being there firsthand... When you’re there and hiking through ruins and the sun is beating down on you, you get a feeling of how the people felt every day back in the time of Jesus. - Stephen Shelley '13
- I’ve always wanted to walk where Jesus walked and see the things that
The Point trip was definitely God opening a closed door. - Kaitlyn Groover '14
- Scripture comes alive. Once I’d been there, I would
picture the places I’m reading about. I’m a youth minister, and now I
use pictures from the trip in my Bible studies all the time... Every chance I get, I'm going back! - Carl Sweet '13
- There exists an ancient magic, mystery and lure to the Holy Land ... where Jesus himself pressed footsteps into the soil. If there is any part of you that wants to go—do it." - Alyssa Phillips
Want more information?
Contact John Morris
for more information about the Israel Pilgrimage program. You can also read an article about the 2011 trip from the spring 2012 issue of Point Magazine
, or view a short video and photos
2011 trip online. You can also join the Spiritual Pilgrimage to Israel Facebook group