The mission of Point University is to educate students for Christ-centered service and leadership throughout the world.
Point University will be the college of choice for students seeking a Christian learning community that is academically challenging, spiritually vibrant and globally engaged.
focused on the needs of the church.
preparing students to direct their personal and professional energies toward impacting the world for Christ.
Personal responsibility and growth…
encouraging students to live productive and fruitful lives.
maintaining a positive, affirming climate on campus that encourages personal and collective growth and improvement.
Integrity in the strategic stewardship of resources…
establishing a clear culture of accountability and transparency in all dealings.
Global vision for ministry…
preparing students for a culturally diverse and interconnected church and world.
Service to community…
dedicated to modeling individual and institutional service to the communities in which we serve.
Enhance learning through the development of academic programs and delivery systems that meet the needs of a diverse and changing student market.
Recruit and graduate a well prepared student body representing ethnic, geographic and socio-economic diversity.
Inspire a vibrant transformational community that encourages social, intellectual and spiritual growth; Christian witness; intercultural experience; and servant leadership.
Invest in a distinctive and appealing campus that supports and enhances recruitment, retention and the learning and living environment.
Achieve operational strength, exercise good stewardship and utilize advanced technology.
Articulate the identity and enhance the reputation of the University.
Develop relationships and generate resources that advance the mission of Point University.
Goals for Students
Point University believes that the goal of education is the development of the total person. The curriculum – biblical and theological studies, arts and sciences, and various professional studies – and the learning environment are designed to encourage students to grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically and professionally.
- Spiritually – Point University seeks to encourage students to grow in faith, develop a Christian worldview, live by Christian virtues and serve others.
- Intellectually – Point University seeks to encourage students to think analytically and critically, communicate effectively, and demonstrate competence in biblical and theological studies, the arts and sciences, and professional studies in which they major.
- Socially – Point University seeks to encourage students to respect and influence people of various cultures and live harmoniously in community.
- Physically – Point University seeks to encourage students to develop lifestyles advantageous to good health.
- Professionally – Point University seeks to encourage students to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a chosen vocation.