Dr. Tom Javarinis
- Title: Professor of Business, MBA Program Coordinator
- Department: Business and Leadership
- Phone: 404-460-2017
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.B.A., Management/Accounting—Detroit College of Business
- MBA, Healthcare Management—Davenport University
- MBA, Accounting—Davenport University
- MBA, Strategic Management/Leadership—Davenport University
- Ph.D., General Business/Human Resources—Capella University
Business, Management, Leadership, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Economics (In both graduate and undergraduate)
Where are you from?
What brought you to Point University?
Opportunity to work for a faith-based Christian University
What are some of your hobbies?
Golfing, Hiking, Swimming
What advice would you give to new students?
Study hard. Go to school because you want to learn. Stay on top of your reading, do not get behind or procrastinate. Time management is incredibly important. Make a study schedule and stick to it. Spend time with your instructors and ask them questions. Instructors love what they do and want to teach students everything they know. Take advantage of all their wisdom and insights.
What are your research interests?
I have always found behavior within an organization interesting. One area of research I would like to pursue is: An unfortunate reality in today’s organizations is that people sometimes engage in behaviors that are counterproductive and sometimes unethical. My research seeks to understand the causes and consequences of such behaviors, and to examine which individual and work factors influence the nature of such destructive behaviors.
Are there any interesting facts about yourself that you would like to share with new or current Point students?
I really enjoy working out, running and other outdoor activities. I also enjoy watching sports, movie nights and junk food.Back to faculty listing