Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
Write Away!-A Systemic Approach to Improve Writing
Point University’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP, 2016) is called “Write Away!”, a program focused on developing each student’s writing skills for success inside and beyond the classroom.
QEP Purpose: To improve student learning outcomes in written communication through writing-emphasis courses with the contextual support of metacognitive and career-readiness strategies.
- Establish a uniform Writing Emphasis (WE) curriculum with specified courses in each/every baccalaureate educational program (major), regardless of program, modality and location
- Enhance the ability of faculty to teach Writing Emphasis courses, improve student writing across disciplines, and facilitate career and/or graduate school readiness
- Expand the usage of the Writing Center and the Center for Calling & Career in harmony with the QEP;
- Expand the use of metacognitive strategies by students and faculty in order to support the improvement of writing.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to communicate in writing with
- Correctness – grammar and mechanics, citations, formatting, original, and meets requirements
- Clarity – sentence structure, word choice, and organization
- Competence – use of discipline-specific knowledge, in accordance with discipline-specific standards
- Cognizance – has a goal, focuses on the goal, and achieves the goa