Academics FAQs


Is it really important for me to meet with my advisor(s)?

Yes! Advisors play a pivotal role in your academic career. Advisors can give experienced advice about choosing courses and a major, provide information about other educational opportunities (such as foreign study, mission trips and internships), and point students in the right direction for a variety of student services.

I need a copy of my degree sheet.

Please email the Registrar’s Office and indicate your name and major.

How do I drop a class after the drop/add date?

You need to visit the Registrar’s Office to complete a form. Additional information will be given once the form is filled out.

What do the W, WP and WF listed on the schedule change form mean?

W = Withdrew; this does not affect your GPA.
WP = Withdrew Passing; this does not affect your GPA.
WF = Withdrew Failing; this does affect your GPA.

What is drop/add?

Drop/add is a time frame extending from the first day of classes to the second week of classes. During this time, you can add or drop classes without incurring any financial penalties or affecting your GPA.

I am a transfer student; what credits will transfer?

Credits with a “C” or better will be considered. The criteria for transferring credits depend on the major you have selected and the institution from which you are transferring credits. If you have more questions about this process, you can email the Registrar’s Office. Please state in your email your full name and the particular credits about which you are inquiring.

Grades/CampusNexus® Portal

I want to know what my grades are; where do I look?

You will need to log on to the CampusNexus® Student Portal.

I can’t log on to CampusNexus®; my student ID or password is invalid. What do I do?

Email the IT Help Desk; in your email, include your full name and student ID number.


How do I know if I am close to graduating?

You will need to contact the Registrar’s Office and ask to see your degree sheet.

I need a graduation form; where do I get that?

Click here for the Application for Graduation.

How much is the graduation fee?

The fee is $100; please make checks payable to Point University.

I only want my diploma; I do not want to be a part of commencement. Do I still have to pay the $100 graduation fee?



I need to verify my enrollment for insurance purposes; what do I do?

Email the request to the Registrar’s Office. Please state your full name and the number of hours you are taking for the current term/semester in which you are enrolled. You may include any other information you deem necessary.


How do I request a transcript?

You fill out the form here.

How long will it take for my transcript request to be processed?

Transcripts will be sent out in approximately one week. However, please allow two to three weeks during peak request periods.

If I have any financial obligations to the University, can I still get a transcript?

No; if you have any financial obligations to the University, your transcript will not be released until those bills are cleared. If you do not know whether you have any financial obligations, please contact the Student Accounts Office.

How much do transcripts cost?

The fee is $5 for every transcript you request.

What is the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?

An unofficial transcript is printed on plain paper and is normally used for students’ own viewing. An official transcript is printed on special watermarked security paper with the signature of the registrar. An official transcript cannot be emailed or faxed.

How do I pay for a transcript?

You can either mail your payment (cash or check) to the Office of the Registrar, or you can contact the Student Services Office at 706-385-1018 and pay by credit or debit card over the phone.

Please note: for transcript payment, please contact the Student Services Office. For all other transcript processing questions please contact the Registrar’s Office.