Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Point University!
We are so glad to have you as a part of the Skyhawk family. Now that you have been accepted, here is a list of next steps to review to make sure you are prepared to start your Point journey!
- Keep an eye on your email for you class schedule! The Advising Center will be sending you a copy of the class schedule they have registered you for based on your degree of choice and any eligible transfer credit you have received prior to your enrollment start. You will not need to register yourself for this session or any future session. If you have any questions about your schedule or wish to make changes to your classes or degree choice, you may contact their office at Advising.Center@point.edu or (706) 784-8766.
- Be sure to have your final high school and/or college transcript sent to us prior to enrollment at Point if you are currently enrolled in high school or college or if we have any unofficial transcripts on file (To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to us at Point). Transcripts can be sent electronically to AdmissionDocuments@point.edu or mailed to Point University Admission Office 507 West 10th St. West Point, GA 31833.
- Complete your FAFSA here. All subscription students are required to complete the FAFSA if they are pursuing an undergraduate degree (Associates or Bachelors). Point University’s school code is 001547. If you have questions about your FAFSA, you can reach out to the Financial Aid team at Financial.Aid@point.edu or (706) 784-8703.
- 9 days before the first day of classes, you will receive an email from our IT Department with your login credentials for your student portal. On the first day of classes, you will be able to access Canvas where your class syllabi will be uploaded by your professors. Each syllabus will contain the information you will need to purchase your books. You will also have access to your professors’ contact information through Canvas. If you have any issues getting logged in to your student email or student portal, you may contact our IT Department at ITSupport@point.edu or (706) 784-8683.
- The day classes begin, students should log in to Canvas and introduce themselves in the Introduce Yourself forum (this is required for attendance). Review the syllabus for any necessary book information and purchase the book.
- Students must submit at least one assignment per week (Monday to Sunday) to be counted present for class. As a new session approaches, the student will again be registered by the advising center and be sent your schedule once it is completed.
- If the drop/add period (one week after the start of classes) has ended and you need to withdraw from one or all classes, you must fill out the withdrawal form here.