Campus Alert System
Point uses the Rave Alert text-messaging system to alert students, faculty and staff of emergency situations on campus. The system is opt-in only, meaning that users must register in order to receive the text message alerts.
Alerts will be sent only if:
- Classes are delayed cancelled due to inclement weather or another urgent situation;
- A tornado warning or other urgent weather alert is issued by the weather service; or
- Any other situation occurs on campus that requires students, faculty and staff to immediately take shelter.
Other than an occasional test of the system, alerts will only be sent in the above situations. Alerts will not be sent for campus announcements or other routine information. Anyone encountering an emergency situation taking place on campus should call campus security at 706-457-2832.
Edit your account
Click on getrave.com/login/point
NOTE: Do Not Click on Register. We have entered your Point University email address only in the system, so no need to register. Continue with instructions below.
- The username will be your Point University email address.
- For Password, you will click on “Forgot your password,” You will receive an email from Rave Alert on how to create a password.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to edit your profile. (During this process, you will be sent a confirmation number to the mobile number you registered in your profile)
Opt in to Rave Alert mobile messaging by texting the word “POINTALERT” to the number “67283.”