DUAL CREDIT ENROLLMENT
For GA residents
Are you a high school student interested in getting a head start on your college education? If so, Point University’s dual credit enrollment program may be right for you!
Our program provides academically outstanding students with the opportunity to take Point courses while finishing high school. It’s a great way to enrich the high school experience – completing your high school diploma while earning credits toward your college degree!
Point offers dual credit enrollment on our main campus in West Point, Ga., as well as at satellite locations in Peachtree City. McDonough, and Savannah. Point also offers dual credit enrollment at select high schools in Georgia and online. To find out if your school offers these courses, please contact the Admissions Office.
Recommended academic guidelines for entry to the dual credit enrollment program include:
- High school GPA of 3.0
- SAT 970 (or ACT 20) (Optional for rising or current juniors and seniors with a 3.0 GPA)
- Completed dual credit enrollment form, as well as the application for admission; AND
- The Spiritual Reference Form (En Español) filled out by a non-family member in a position of spiritual leadership OR a personal spiritual reference form completed by the student.
To view current course offerings, visit our course schedules page.
Contact our Admission Office at 706-385-1202 or by email to find out more!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DUAL CREDIT ENROLLMENT?
- Flexible schedule – You can take as little as one college course if you like, depending on what works best for you and your high school and college plans.
- Ease the transition to college – You’ll have the chance to start your college career while still enjoying the support of your family and familiar surroundings. And when you graduate from high school, it’ll make your first full year of college a much easier adjustment.
- Financial aid available for those who qualify – Georgia’s Move On When Ready (MOWR) program offers students the opportunity to take college courses while still in high school. MOWR actually pays for tuition and books for most of the classes that are offered! Point also offers discounted tuition rates for dual credit enrollment students who do not qualify for MOWR or would like to take a course not covered by MOWR.
- Graduate from college in less time – With dual credit enrollment, you can enter college with quite a few course credits on your transcript – which means you may be able to graduate from college and enter graduate school or the work force more quickly.
- Learn in a Christian environment – At Point, our courses are taught by Christian faculty members who work to integrate faith and learning.
Director of Dual Credit Enrollment