Degrees earned and Universities:
• Doctor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management from Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
• Master of Science in Human Resource Management from Troy University, Atlanta, GA
• Bachelor of Science in Management from Shorter College, Atlanta, GA.
• Professional in Human Resource (PHR), Change Management Specialist (CMS), Six Sigma Lean Professional (SSLP) and Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
• BUSI 450 – Human Resource Management
• BUSI 426 – International Business
• BUSI 525 – Six Sigma Green Belt
Where are you from?
I have lived in many places including Toronto, Canada; Syracuse, NY; Watertown, NY; and Brooklyn, NY, to name a few.
What brought you to Point University?
A full-time position was posted in the Business & Leadership Department, but I didn’t hear anything for a couple of months and completely forgot about it. Dr. Davis then called about the chair position.
What are some of your hobbies?
My hobbies include “movie night” each Friday, line and ballroom dancing, and traveling to warm sunny places.
What advice would you give to new students?
Believe that you can do whatever is presented to you in the classroom; be humble, ask for help, and remember that all things are possible! One of my favorite quote is: “Get the right perspective. When Goliath came against the Israelites, the soldiers all thought, ‘He’s so big we can never kill him.’ David looked at the same giant and thought, ‘He’s so big I can’t miss him.’” (Russ Johnson)
What are your research interests?
All areas of Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior and Leadership.
Are there any interesting facts about yourself that you would like to share with new or current Point Student?
I completely understand the challenges of going back to school as an adult and the struggle and balance of family, friends, and life. However, if we look at our education as a moment in time (not forever) we can get through the process. Learning doesn’t start or end with our education – it is just expanded.