In addition to scholarships available to all students (please click here), the Department of Fine Arts offers a sizeable scholarship to members of the Marching Skyhawks band. This scholarship has the potential to increase as the student takes on leadership responsibilities. Smaller choral scholarships are also available. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding financial aid specific to the Department of Fine Arts.
The Marching Skyhawks offer scholarships to any student who participated in marching band during high school. This scholarship can scale based on experience and whether the student takes a leadership role. Additional funding is available if students participate in the Concert Band in the spring. Please click here for more information.
Cartwright Music Scholarship
The Cartwright Music Scholarship is available to a limited number of music majors each year. The requirements for the award include:
– Complete the Cartwright Music Scholarship Application.
– Complete an audition with the Fine Arts Department.
– Fulfill and complete the admission and financial aid requirements of Point University, including annual submission/renewal of the FAFSA.
– Meet and maintain the eligibility requirements for attending Point University.
– Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
– Remain a full-time music major, including participating in assigned performances (both solo, ensemble, and other Fine Arts Department events).
– Fully comply with the Point University Covenant for a Christian Community.
For more information regarding the application and audition, please email email@example.com.