MOVE ON WHEN READY
For non-GA residents
Are you a high school student interested in getting a head start on your college education? If so, Point University’s Move On When Ready (MOWR) program may be right for you!
For students at eligible high schools, MOWR provides the opportunity to take college level coursework for credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements. Our program provides academically outstanding students with the opportunity to take course at little to no cost to the student. It’s a great way to enrich the high school experience – completing your high school diploma while earning credits towards your college degree!
Point offers MOWR on our main campus in West Point, Ga., as well as at satellite locations in Peachtree City, McDonough, and Savannah. Point also offers MOWR at select partnering high schools in Georgia and online. For more information on Georgia’s MOWR program or to view the complete course directory please go to www.gafutures.org.
If you do not qualify for MOWR but are interested in taking Dual Credit Enrollment courses or if you are interested in taking course not included in the MOWR Course Directory, please visit point.edu/dce.
Recommended academics guidelines for entry to the MOWR program at Point University include:
- High school GPA of 3.00 at an accredited high school or the equivalent.
- SAT (Critical Reading & Math) 970-old, 1050-new or ACT 20 (Composite); Test scores are optional for rising or current juniors or seniors with a 3.0 GPA at an accredited high school or the equivalent.
- Completed Move On When Ready Participation form
- The Spiritual Reference Form (En Espanol) filled out by a non-family member in a position of spiritual leadership or a Spiritual and Personal Reference Form completed by the student.
To view current course offerings, visit our course schedules page.
CLICK HERE to download Point University’s MOWR Packet.
Contact our Admission Office at 706.385.1202 or by email to find out more!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DUAL CREDIT ENROLLMENT?
- Flexible schedule – Flexible schedule – You can take as little as one college course if you like, depending on what works best for you and your high school and college plans.
- Ease the transition to college – Ease the transition to college – You’ll have the chance to start your college career while still enjoying the support of your family and familiar surroundings. And when you graduate from high school, it’ll make your first full year of college a much easier adjustment.
- Financial aid available for those who qualify – Financial aid available for those who qualify – Georgia’s Move On When Ready program offers students the opportunity to take college courses while still in high school. MOWR actually pays for tuition and books for all classes that are listed in the Course Directory at gafutures.org. Point also offers discounted tuition rates for dual credit enrollment students who do not qualify for MOWR or would like to take a course not covered by MOWR.
- Graduate from college in less time – Graduate from college in less time – With MOWR, you can enter college with quite a few course credits on your transcript – which means you may be able to graduate from college and enter graduate school or the work force more quickly.
- Learn in a Christian environment – At Point, our courses are taught by Christian faculty members who work to integrate faith and learning.