M.T.M. Application for CCV
The Master of Transformative Ministry program involves a strategic relationship between Point University and Christ’s Church of the Valley.
Individuals participating in the Leadership Institute at Christ’s Church of the Valley (CCV) may apply for admission to Point University’s Master of Transformative Ministry. Credit can be earned towards completion of the M.T.M. through participation in the program. CCV Leadership Institute hosts the apprenticeship and provides housing and other support.
For application materials and further information on the CCV Leadership Institute, see the Institute website or contact Tracy Cyga, CCV Leadership Institute Lead Pastor. To enroll in the M.T.M. program, applicants must:
1. Complete the application to Point University
Complete the application for admission below.
2. Hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher degree)
Hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) from an accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00+ on a 4-point scale. A limited number of applicants who do not meet these GPA requirements may be admitted on probationary status if their application materials include other evidence of their ability to succeed at Point.
3. Submit official academic transcripts
Submit official academic transcripts from every college or university previously attended. Applicants must contact those institutions and request official transcripts in sealed envelopes sent directly to:
Attention: Admission Office
507 West 10th Street, West Point, GA 31833
4. Submit a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
Submit a résumé or curriculum vitae (CV), including contact information (name, telephone number, email address) for two professional references who can speak to the applicant’s character, ability, and readiness for graduate studies. For Master of Transformative Ministry applicants, at least one reference should be a minister or spiritual mentor, who can speak to the applicant’s spiritual maturity and readiness for advanced ministry studies.
5. Submit a well-written, 1-3 page admission essay
- A brief self-introduction
- Reasons for pursuing the M.T.M. degree at Point University and Christ’s Church of the Valley
- Educational, professional, and personal experiences that have shaped the decision and prepared the applicant for graduate studies
- Personal life and career goals, and how master’s studies will help accomplish those goals
- Christian commitment, church involvement, and ministry experiences
- Any additional information the applicant may wish to provide the Admission Committee as it considers the application
Since the Master of Transformative Ministry program begins with an online course in May of each year, all application materials must be received by Point University no later than April 15.
After all required items are received, Point’s Graduate Admission Committee evaluates the application and notifies students of their admission status. If needed, the Committee may request additional information to evaluate the applicant’s readiness for graduate studies.
Applicants are encouraged to begin and complete the admission process as soon as possible since enrollment is limited. Adequate time must be given for other institutions to send transcripts and documentation to the Admission Office. Failure to receive all official transcripts delays processing of an application.
Contact: Logan Gann
507 West 10th Street
West Point, GA 31833
*denotes fields that require a response