Our Story Continues
In May of this year, Point University welcomed 185 new graduates to the alumni family. Graduation is often a bittersweet time as we celebrate the accomplishments of the past four years and say goodbye to some of the friends who will remain friends for a lifetime.
As a proud Point graduate who walked across that same stage many years ago, the best piece of advice I can give to any alum is this: Stay in touch. Facebook, Twitter and e-mail make it easier than ever to keep up with friends, but don’t stop there. Even as your friends scatter all over the country, perhaps all over the globe, make an effort to get together on a regular basis. Maybe that’s for Point Homecoming on October 4, maybe it’s a group vacation, but keep those friendships going. Other than your spouse, you likely won’t ever have as much time available to build such deep friendships again.
To our new alumni – please pay it forward! There were many people responsible for paving the way for you to receive a quality education at Point University. Pay it forward and help those who come behind you. Here are just a few ways you can give back:
- Stay connected to your alma mater through our e-newsletter, Facebook, Twitter and the Point Magazine.
- Sign up and be a part of our Online Alumni Community.
- Attend gatherings like the Fine Arts choir concerts and Homecoming – Be sure to mark your calendar for October 4, 2014 and celebrate with us the “Alumni Adventures.”
- Co-host an alumni event in your area for your alumni friends. Alumni Relations can help you coordinate this.
- Submit class notes on the online community – let us know where you are and what you are doing.
- Refer a new student to your alma mater.
- Make a donation of time and/or financial support.
We are extremely proud of our recent graduates. I know that a large percentage of you are the first in your family to graduate from college, and I also know a lot of hard work and prayer went into your college career. Please continue to pray for God to use Point University to influence our culture for Christ as we pray that He will order your steps as you embark upon this new season of life.
And never forget: at Point University we are your friends for life!
Alumni Relations Director