Mission Statement: The Summer Team is designed to enrich and support Point University in the recruiting of prospective students at summer Christian camps and Christ in Youth conferences. Summer Team members introduce guests to the Point University experience, including the social, academic and spiritual aspects of the university while presenting a Christ-like example during the course of their travels.
Supervision: Ambassadors will report directly to Sam Groover and Mikayla Pinchom.
- Minimum GPA of 2.6.*
- Must have attended a minimum of one full semester prior to application.*
- Commitment period is one summer (May – August); additional training time also required.
- Responsible, reliable and consistent individual.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Point University.
- Excellent relational and listening skills with a variety of personalities and people.
- Assist with one Point Preview Day during Fall or Spring Semester.
- Visionary in outlook and positive in attitude.
*Various requirements may be waived as deemed appropriate.
There are multiple Summer Team positions. While summer travel will be the primary responsibility, team members will also be required to complete additional duties.
1. Training meeting
– Attend all meetings organized for the team by Admission Staff.
– Work with team members to develop presentations.
2. Student Ambassadors
– Contact incoming fall students to aid in transition.
– Starting Point attendance is required when travel schedule permits.
– Various other duties as assigned by Admission staff.
– Call campaigns to alumni and donors.
-Modest summer attire that permit you to remain comfortable in setting while still looking presentable.
-Ambassadors working in the office should always wear business-casual attire.
Team members are required to attend all weeks of recruiting through the summer as well as all training sessions. If a team member will be late or cannot come to a training session, they must inform Exec. Director of Enrollment at least 24 hours in advance.
Job Applications Process:
- Complete the application or send an email to Sam.Groover@point.edu or Mikayla.Pinchom@point.edu.
- Deadline for submission is Friday, December 15, 2023.
Summer PR Team Application