- Freshman Move-In: Saturday, August 19, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Returning Student Move-In: Monday, August 21, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Fall athletes competing in Football, Soccer, XC, Volleyball, Cheerleading or Band
- New Athlete Move-In: Monday, August 7, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Returning Athletes: Tuesday, August 8, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Point Living Community @ Abbey Glen
2202 Abbey Glen Rd.
West Point, GA 31833
850 Miles Way
West Point, GA 31833
801 3rd Ave,
West Point, GA 31833
Living-Learning Community (LLC)
207 N. 15th Street,
Lanett, Alabama 36863
Students should report to the Lanier Academic Center (507 W 10th St., West Point, GA 31833) the morning of Move-In Day to make sure they are clear with Student Accounts, the Registrar, and Financial Aid. Student Life staff and CLMs will be at the LAC to help students check in and to direct them to their living community
What Do I Need Before Move-In?
- All admission files for new students must be completed unless an extension has been granted by the admission office.
- All students must have documented insurance.
- All immunization paperwork must be turned in
- Housing Application completed
- Housing deposit balance at $100.00
$200 Enrollment deposit paid
- All financial aid paperwork must be turned in (i.e. FAFSA and any verification paperwork).
- Students taking out loans for the first time must make sure that the Master Promissory Note for financial aid is completed. This can be done at www.studentloans.gov.
- Students taking out loans for the first time must make sure that the Entrance Counseling for financial aid is completed. This can be done at www.studentloans.gov.
- The student bill must be paid in full or setup on a payment plan. The first payment for the payment plan is due upon setup.
- Housing application completed
- Housing security deposit balance at $100
- The student bill must be paid in full or setup on a payment plan. The first payment for payment plan is due upon setup.
All students who are NOT clear to move in will need to wait until 2:00pm and report to the Lanier Academic Center to see the appropriate office to be cleared for move-in. Due to Link, all offices will be closed until 2:00p.m.
What Should I Bring (Or Not Bring)?
Here is a link to a helpful check-list! While not exhaustive, this will be helpful as a guide: What To Bring
What About Orientation?
Connect Week is one of our student’s favorite traditions of the year! You can look forward to spending time with your Connect Family, and meet new classmates and friends! Connect Week is filled with fun social events and informational sessions to assist you as you begin your journey as a Skyhawk. The full schedule for CONNECT WEEK is here.
Orientation is MANDATORY for all NEW and TRANSFER Students. Orientation is August 19-22.
Who Can I Contact If I Need Someone On Move-In Day?
We are here to help you have the best move-in day experience! Please contact 706-385-1061 if you have questions or need assistance during move-in day.
Where Can We Stay Overnight?
You can view a list of local hotels here: Local Life
Where Can We Eat Lunch?
The Point Dining Hall will be open for lunch on Saturday, August 19, and will resume normal operational hours Monday, August 21. Students who have meal plans will use their Student ID card. Parents & families are welcome to eat the buffet meals with their students for $9.45. The Cafeteria takes Cash or Credit. For updated hours and pricing, visit Dining.
You can view a list of local restaurants here: Local Life
Where Can We Shop For Room Or School Items?
Wal-mart located at 3501 20th Avenue in Valley. (I-85 S to Exit 79, turn Left)
We have 2 local grocery stores in town:
- Kroger located at 1401 S. Gilmer Avenue, Lanett, AL.
- Givorns located at 211 E. 10th Street, West Point, GA.
Tigertown Shopping Center located at 2145 TigerTown Pkwy in Opelika, AL. The shopping center, a quick 20 min away, boasts over 70 business including: Best Buy, Target, Ulta, World Market, Books-a-Millions, Office Depot, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath & Beyond, Hobby Lobby, Kohls and more!