Why become a mentee?
- Develop relationships with Point alumni, and specifically, a meaningful relationship with at least one alumnus/a.
- Enhance networking, communication, problem solving, interviewing, etc. skills through events and activities dedicated to those areas.
- Begin to develop their personal and professional networks and understand the importance and value of the Point Alumni Network.
- Have a heightened sense of current professional issues, trends, and possibilities within or external to their field of interest.
- Receive honest, constructive, and informal feedback to increase self-awareness and aide in development as a future professional.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the importance and benefit of seeking out mentors in life.
Why become a mentor?
- Build relationships with current Point students and obtain a deeper connection to Point through those relationships.
- Gain a higher understanding of the current Point campus climate, trends, and student life.
- Develop coaching, communication, leadership skills while experiencing professional and personal growth through program offerings and advising their mentee.
- Be able to give constructive feedback to students within the context of their mentoring partnership.
- Gain personal satisfaction through contribution to the Point community.
Extend their current Point network through fellow mentors and mentees.