What We Believe
Point University is committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the oneness of Christians, and the evangelization of the world. Since the unity of the church is created and maintained through a common faith in Jesus Christ, Point looks to the inspired biblical record for the foundation of its faith. The Bible is the source of our knowledge of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. The academic program of Point has at its center the Bible, and every degree includes a major or minor in Biblical Studies.
The trustees and employees of Point affirm the biblical concepts reflected in this statement of faith and have committed themselves to living a life that reflects their presence:
- We believe in the one God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God the Son assumed human nature, was born of a virgin, ministered in word and miracle, died for our sin, was raised bodily from the dead, ascended to God’s right hand where he presently reigns.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every Christian and is presently at work in the Christian community, empowering lives of godliness and service.
- We believe that the Holy Bible is inspired by God, trustworthy in its teaching, and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that all of humanity, due to sin, is destined for death, corruption and separation from God apart from the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus Christ established his church to be one holy people, to glorify God, and to carry out his saving mission among all nations.
- We believe in God’s saving grace that calls for faith, repentance, confession, baptism and new life and service through the Spirit.
- We believe in the blessed hope of the second coming of Jesus Christ, who will raise the dead and judge all with justice and mercy, and in the consummation of the Kingdom of God.