Point University is pleased to provide writing tutoring to all students — traditional, online and blended — completely free of charge. At the main campus in West Point, students can visit the Writing Center, located on the first floor in the Learning Commons, for help with any stage of the writing process. We also have a Writing Lab at our Peachtree City location.
What we do:
- Seek to improve students’ academic, professional and personal writing skills
- Help with all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, planning, drafting and revising
- Carefully review assignment guidelines and listen to your concerns in order to provide helpful feedback
What we don’t do:
- Guarantee “A” papers
- Merely proofread your work
- Provide last-minute solutions to poor time management
Writing Center tutors facilitate learning and act as guides to help each student become a successful independent writer. To help with this, we ask that students come to tutoring sessions prepared to actively discuss their work.
What to bring:
- A copy of the assignment
- A clean copy of your paper
- Any materials you need to work on the paper (scholarly research, Bible, history book, etc.)
Writing Center Hours
WEST POINT MAIN CAMPUS WRITING LAB (LAC 119)
Make an appointment to meet with a Writing Center staff member at the main campus in West Point.
Walk-ins are always welcome during our normal business hours, but priority will be given to students with appointments.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Students can access the online writing lab under Quicklinks in the Student Portal. Students are able to submit assignments for review and feedback.
For questions, contact Jess Mazaheri, Director of Educational Resources, at email@example.com.