Point University is pleased to provide writing tutoring to all students—Traditional, Online and Blended—completely free of charge. At the main campus in West Point, students can visit the Writing Center, located on the first floor in the Learning Commons, for help with any stage of the writing process. The Writing Lab at Atlanta/Lindbergh is located in Room 218.
What we do:
- Seek to improve students’ academic, professional and personal writing skills
- Help with all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, planning, drafting and revising
- Carefully review assignment guidelines and listen to your concerns in order to provide helpful feedback
What we don’t do:
- Guarantee “A” papers
- Merely proofread your work
- Provide last-minute solutions to poor time management
Writing Center tutors facilitate learning and act as guides to help each student become a successful independent writer. To help with this, we ask that students come to tutoring sessions prepared to actively discuss their work.
What to bring:
- A copy of the assignment
- A clean copy of your paper
- Any materials you need to work on the paper (scholarly research, Bible, history book, etc.)
Writing Center Hours
WEST POINT MAIN CAMPUS LOCATION WRITING LAB (LAC 119)
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Monday – Wednesday: 6-8 p.m.
(Please note we are closed from 1:00-1:45 on Wednesdays for Adventure Groups.)
Make an appointment to meet with a Writing Center staff member at the main campus in West Point, Ga.
ATLANTA/LINDBERGH LOCATION WRITING LAB
Monday-Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
*Please note, to make an appointment with the Writing Lab at our Atlanta/Lindbergh location, please email Stacie.Whalen2@point.edu or call 404-460-2495.
Walk-ins are always welcome during our normal business hours, but priority will be given to students with appointments.
For questions, contact Jess Mazaheri, Director of Educational Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.